View Troy Gorostiza's profile on LinkedIn

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Start of My Training - 11/8/06

Well I faxed in my paperwork today so it is official. I will be doing my first Triathlon in Hawaii at the Lavaman Event on April 1, 2006. One of my goals last year was to run a Marathon, which I did in June 2006 and now I have set a follow-up goal for next year. My training starts this coming week, 6 days a week, with 2 days each of running, swimming and biking, and then doing integrated training on Saturdays.

I have been staying in pretty good shape since the marathon in June, working out 3-4 times a week, including running, spinning, playing football on Saturdays and in a basketball league on Tuesday nights.

My biggest concern with the Tri is the swimming portion, since I have not swam on a regular basis since high school when I was an avid surfer. I am hoping it is just like riding a bike....once you are back on you got it!!!

No comments: