View Troy Gorostiza's profile on LinkedIn

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Week 3 - 12/3/06

Well another week has come and gone and we are moving along with our training progression. This past Wednesday we had out 1 mile time trial, so that coach can give us our projected splits, 800m, 5k and 10k times. I ended up running a 6.52 mile, with some definite room to improve, but was very pleased with my time. Honestly the last time i ran a time trial for the 1 mile had to be in college during some football season at either SFSU or Chico.

My typical other training activities this week were spinning on Monday, swimming with the group on Tuesday night, swimming on my own on Thursday, and taking Friday to recover.

On Saturday we all met in Carlsbad again for our bike ride and clinic. The clinic this week was on Cadence (which i learned may be the single most important aspect of the bike portion), shifting intervals and speed. Although this training was not as strenuous as the others, it was very beneficial from the learning standpoint.

After my Saturday bicycle ride I headed down to play in the our playoff football game...which we won. Next week is the championships.

For any of you interested, on Saturday 12/9 NBC will be airing the 2006 Ironman in Kona, which is the same course I will be on for this Triathlon.

For More Information, click on the Ironman Image below:

No comments: