View Troy Gorostiza's profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Week 8 1/9/07

Well this is my first post in the New Year and I apologize for missing the past few weeks. Unfortunately I have been extremely sick with some viral flu/bug going around and have been unable to train for the past 10 days. My last workout was Saturday December 30th where we did about a 40 mile bike ride from Fletcher Cove up to Canon street on PCH and over to east of Palomar Airport Road and up the big hill on College. We did this hill twice then headed back. I had not been feeling well the day before, so it did not surprise me when I started to feel lower back pain and aches all over my body the last 5 miles or so. The next day, New Years Eve, I knew I had finally caught something and that I was going to be out for awhile.
Up until Friday 12/29 I had been on a great workout regime, and even ran in the Big Balloon Parade the day before in an inflatable ballerina outfit, as to go with the balloon theme. I actually wore the outfit to the race in hope of winning the cash prize, which I was planning on donating to the LLS, but I did not win.

However, I did win the fan favorite and pretty much had to play to character in the outfit the whole pre-run and run. I'll tell you though; the last two tenths of the race were pretty rough going. I had pretty much overheated my body by then and was fighting off not tossing my cookies to help alleviate the unwell feeling....thank goodness mind over body control helped me out.

The previous Saturday 12/23 was a great bike ride from Scripps Poway Parkway all the way up that long treacherous hill to the 67 where we took a left and headed up the next set of hills into Ramona and back. This ride by far was one of the more difficult ones, but at the same time so gratifying. To get out in the country all by yourself and take in the fresh smells and light breezes made me think of my time back up in Tahoe....without a care in the world. I am looking forward to when we do this ride again.

It is now Tuesday 1/9 and I am still trying to fight off the viral thing I have caught. It has run the gamut through my body, from keeping me bed ridden for 4 straight days, to moving to a stomach situation, to now where it currently is residing....in my head. I have the worst head congestion and am still running a fever. I am going to the doctor again tomorrow just to make sure there is nothing else I can be doing.

I am planning on making it to track tomorrow (Wednesday), but am not sure if I can run yet or not. We will just have to wait and see.......

No comments: