View Troy Gorostiza's profile on LinkedIn

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Week 9 1/17/07

Well I am back in the swing of things now...finally. I would not say I am 100%, but getting there. Last Saturday 1/13 was my first day back training, with a break for 13 days due to being ill. The layoff was very frustrating since I have been building a great base, but what can you do. I guess I can say that under training is better than over training during this period!!!

On Saturday 1/13 we rode from Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach straight east up Lomas Sante Fe all the way through Rancho Sante Fe on Del Dios and then up past Lake Hodges. This to date has been the most scenic ride and was a nice welcome back!!! Unfortunately the day was extremely cold, I think at one point my thermometer said it was 36 degrees, but what can you do?? I ended up riding with the advanced group, so we did the large hill portion twice up and past Lake Hodges, then joined the group and headed back to Fletcher Cove.

Once back at Fletcher Cove, I did a quick change, hopped in my car and drove across PCH to an elementary school, where we then went on a 3.1 mile trail run around the lagoon. By the end of this run, I was definitely pretty beat, but was happy that after a 13 day layoff I was able to ride over 27 miles and do a 3.1 mile run. It is now Wednesday and although I took off from my usual Monday night spinning class, I did do the group swim last night and plan on running 4-5 miles tonight and swimming again Thursday before our next group workout this coming Saturday.

All in all as long as I can kick the remnants of this flu, I should be back to where I was in another week or so.

No comments: